Hi, my name is Liana Lehman. Thanks for visiting my personal photo news blog that we fondly refer to as 'liana's bananas' thanks to my childhood nickname and tendency to post about crazy, fun happenings.

I'm extremely blessed to be doing what God has called me to do - helping others achieve the impossible and experience the beauty about them always!

I hope to share my adventures through this blog -- including my more recent 101 in 1001 challenge!

liana_lehman

This is a place for me to post all the latest happenings in my world - whether it be recent images from destination weddings and lifestyle portrait shoots, something silly that's going on, and even some personal stuff.

If you're an entrepreneur or professional photographer, the BananasEDU blog is full of biz topics. Check out the links above and below for access to all our sites.

It puts a smile on my face to hear your thoughts so comment away and leave your links!

WeddingPhotographyLifestylePortraitsArt4SalelianaTV
photographer

Monday, July 23, 2007

Accident on Zante

This morning, we got up bright and early and Susan caught a flight back to Athens so she can fly home
to the US. Soon thereafter we dropped off the rental car and caught a cab to Pesada where we caught
the ferry to Zakinthos (Zante for short), the island south of Kefalonia. Zante is known as the "Venice of
the East" and is supposed to be absolutely gorgeous.

Some shots of Pesada fishing boats and the Ferry while we waited to board.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


We had a hot breakfast on the ferry and enjoyed some iTunes while sitting on the top deck with was
quite breezy but had great views of the sunrise.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Some shots of Mike I got on the Ferry
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

View of Skinari port
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We docked in Skinari, on the northern part of Zante, which was so small of a little village that not even
the buses go there. Half hour later, after determining that a cab was the only way to get down the island
to civilization, we plopped down in a cafe, had a cold drink as they called for a cab.


Somehow in the midst of handing the little old greek man of a cab driver my bag, I missed my footing
down the steps and found myself toppling over as he tried his best to catch both me and the bag. I
finally caught my footing without falling but looked down to find a big gash out of my toe and blood
everywhere. A nice foreign guy ran up with a first aid kit, sprayed it with antiseptic, and
bandaged it up for me without saying a word. I don't think my baby band-aid would have
worked anyways. He had really pretty blonde girls with him - they smiled and waved when we
drove off in the cab finally.
Thanks to a throbbing foot and the unbearable heat, I spent the majority of the day practicing my siesta
skills after we found a quaint hotel in a tiny village named Alikanas about 20 minutes north of the capital
- Zakinthos Town. Mike went to find out about transportation and food... and determined that the island
was overcome with British by the sprinkling of English pubs down the street.


Views from the hotel.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Thanks to a main power outage on the island for encouragement, we ventured out for dinner, me
limping and wobbling about so as not to further increase the throbbing pain in my foot. After dinner, we
made a pact that if I could resist screaming while cleaning out the wound further, I should be rewarded
with the Baklava that we took to go for desert. Thanks to a call home to mom and advice of my aunt (a
nurse) I instead soaked it in some of Mike's contact solution which has hydrogen peroxide in it.... I surly
would have screamed otherwise!
Alas, my foot should be fine... nothing a little TLC, English Cider, Greek Hummus, and Baklava can't
cure!

 

Lianas Bananas - Archive

Be Social with Liana's Bananas!

Blog template customizaton by Mike @ www.oppositeoffear.com