Hi, my name is Liana Lehman. Thanks for visiting my personal photo news blog that we fondly refer to as 'liana's bananas' thanks to my childhood nickname and tendency to post about crazy, fun happenings.

I'm extremely blessed to be doing what God has called me to do - helping others achieve the impossible and experience the beauty about them always!

I hope to share my adventures through this blog -- including my more recent 101 in 1001 challenge!

liana_lehman

This is a place for me to post all the latest happenings in my world - whether it be recent images from destination weddings and lifestyle portrait shoots, something silly that's going on, and even some personal stuff.

If you're an entrepreneur or professional photographer, the BananasEDU blog is full of biz topics. Check out the links above and below for access to all our sites.

It puts a smile on my face to hear your thoughts so comment away and leave your links!

WeddingPhotographyLifestylePortraitsArt4SalelianaTV
photographer

Friday, August 3, 2007

Farewell Flops / Sleeping in the Athens Airport

Friday July 27, 2007

What to do when you arrive in Athens, Greece at 11pm and have to check in again by 4:55 am to head to Santorini?

Sleep... but only for 15 minutes at a time because after that the cleaning ladies in the cafe will come poke you with their mops and yell at you in Greek to wake up and put your feet on the floor. Hmmmp. We even bought stuff so we were allowed to take up space there! Plus, everyone else was doing it!

I hadn't hit sheer exhaustion yet upon arrival so I headed to accessory store after Mike gently reminded me again that I needed a new set of flip-flops since mine were well past their useful life... I have many bruises and bumps to attest to this (slippery steps and no tread on shoes is not a good combination). Excited to have something to do for at least ten minutes, I wandered around the tiny store in search for the perfect pair of replacement flops. I couldn't bear the thought of parting ways with my sparkly silver flops that I'd been wearing as my main casual easy-access shoes for the past two years. $10 Mossimo special from Target! Before the beloved silver Mossimos it was a pair of black $4 light-weight no-names from K-Mart that had been all over Europe and back with me and finally got tossed after they'd been layered with permanent black soot from the streets of Spain. There had been a gap in good flops between the two pairs and I didn't want that to happen again. A pair of taupe with golden stones caught my attention on the 1/2 off wall... only 6 EUR. Perfect fit. I took them around to be sure there wasn't anything better and sure enough my new pair was waiting for me on the other side.. a lightweight pair of tan flops with stretchy comfy fabric brand that has gold thread running through it. Parting with the silver Mossimos did not seem as daunting all of a sudden.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


So it was in the unrestful cafe after being woken up by the cleaning ladies that we walked away, leaving the silver Mossimos behind... never to be seen again.

So sad!

2 comments:

|| davidjay || commented: lol August 6, 2007 at 11:38 PM
amynave commented: Sounds like you had a great time;)

Can't wait to see you in Septemeber!!!!!!
August 7, 2007 at 11:44 PM
 

Lianas Bananas - Archive

Be Social with Liana's Bananas!

Blog template customizaton by Mike @ www.oppositeoffear.com