Hi, my name is Liana Lehman. Thanks for visiting my personal photo news blog that we fondly refer to as 'liana's bananas' thanks to my childhood nickname and tendency to post about crazy, fun happenings.

I'm extremely blessed to be doing what God has called me to do - helping others achieve the impossible and experience the beauty about them always!

I hope to share my adventures through this blog -- including my more recent 101 in 1001 challenge!

liana_lehman

This is a place for me to post all the latest happenings in my world - whether it be recent images from destination weddings and lifestyle portrait shoots, something silly that's going on, and even some personal stuff.

If you're an entrepreneur or professional photographer, the BananasEDU blog is full of biz topics. Check out the links above and below for access to all our sites.

It puts a smile on my face to hear your thoughts so comment away and leave your links!

WeddingPhotographyLifestylePortraitsArt4SalelianaTV
photographer

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Greatest of These... (“Love” part I of V)

Road Trips. Trash the Dress. Grandfather. Death. Love. Reunions. Double-Wedding Weekends. Game Nights. Ogre Prince. New Friends. Caribbean Adventures. For Love or Money? Fever. Crazy, Simple Workflow. Getting Caught Up. Aruba, Jamaica. Boot Camps. Greece. Fires. Lost Money Found. Birthdays. Filming. Passion. Faith. Organize. Empty. Spill.

Words elude what has transpired over the past four months. With all the clutter and being pulled in this direction and that... I’m ever drawn back to one thing in particular... the greatest of all these... LOVE.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Perhaps it was my grandfather’s funeral when my uncle stood up and spoke with heart-wrenching conviction about his life that first sparked this relentless study. How the single most defining thing we could draw from his life is the LOVE he demonstrated.

While my grandmother suffered from a stroke at a very early age, leaving her increasingly immobile over the years, my grandfather exhibited a kind of love that was quiet and steady...sacrificing much for her care. Perhaps his devotion and service to my grandmother was the reason why we never knew him fully... why it was only at his death we fully understood.

A month earlier, my mother and father and I made the trip to Florida to visit him upon his diagnosis. He was given less than six months to live and somehow we knew his time was even shorter. We wheeled his shrunken frame into my grandmother’s room for a visit. She touted stories about how he would come and spray her hair and style it ... he did her hair all these years... I never would have imagined!! A few weeks later, I got a frantic call while I waited in JFK airport to head to the Dominican; my grandfather was on his death-bed and everyone was calling to say their goodbyes. Panic. Acceptance. False alarm. He would have two more weeks and a few more bouts of clarity before passing to a better place.

In the busiest work month of the year, I joined my family at the funeral. My grown cousins and I sobbed behind our row of parents then later toasted up in the apartment, celebrating his life at the informal sort of reunion it was becoming. It was in this apartment that our search through their past began, our discoveries unveiling their love story.

to be continued....

4 comments:

Jasmine commented: i love you.

that's all i can say.

xoxo...
August 21, 2007 at 2:40 PM
Amy Martin commented: Lots of love and hugs for you. August 21, 2007 at 5:45 PM
Lisa commented: hey sweet Liana!

you are a great young woman with a great talent! I am so glad Christina had you in Atlanta! Your wedding photos will always be so precious to us!!! I am so sorry for your loss of your grandfather. Just wanted to let you know that I am here if you need anything!

hugs!!!!

momma Lisa - crazy in Jamaica :)
August 26, 2007 at 4:07 PM
Cristie commented: Liana......I love this......I love how honoring your Grandfather has opened up this adventure....I can't wait to read more...you know that I have a very special love for my Grandparents...I give my Grandma most of the credit for my photography. September 5, 2007 at 5:06 PM
 

Lianas Bananas - Archive

Be Social with Liana's Bananas!

Blog template customizaton by Mike @ www.oppositeoffear.com