Hi, my name is Liana Lehman. Thanks for visiting my personal photo news blog that we fondly refer to as 'liana's bananas' thanks to my childhood nickname and tendency to post about crazy, fun happenings.

I'm extremely blessed to be doing what God has called me to do - helping others achieve the impossible and experience the beauty about them always!

I hope to share my adventures through this blog -- including my more recent 101 in 1001 challenge!

liana_lehman

This is a place for me to post all the latest happenings in my world - whether it be recent images from destination weddings and lifestyle portrait shoots, something silly that's going on, and even some personal stuff.

If you're an entrepreneur or professional photographer, the BananasEDU blog is full of biz topics. Check out the links above and below for access to all our sites.

It puts a smile on my face to hear your thoughts so comment away and leave your links!

WeddingPhotographyLifestylePortraitsArt4SalelianaTV
photographer

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Love Letters From India & The Notebook ("Love" part II of V)

It's been a long while but I shall continue with what I started with Part I of V.


Love Letters From India & The Notebook ("Love" part II of V)



Pictures. Dance Cards. Newspaper Announcements. Pictures. Pictures. More Pictures. Birth Announcements. Death Announcements. Social Announcements. Pictures. Cards. Love Letters from India. Notebooks. Pictures.

The story of my grandparents courtship in High School in Iowa to the years my grandfather was away serving in World War II, to the birth of my uncle, aunt, and father, and the years that followed.... it was all found in tattered cardboard boxes...the evidence was mostly in the form of yellowed pictures, torn pictures, some with quirky cute notes on the back, some left blank so I’d have to ask questions from those who knew.

liana PHOTOGRAPHY

I adored the dance cards. They were little paper hearts with miniature pencils attached by a string. My grandfathers name filled the little spaces on my grandmothers mini-paper-hearts.

liana PHOTOGRAPHY

Then there were the lovely pictures of their female classmates... some sort of very old-fashioned version of senior portraits. My grandfather was a pretty handsome guy and there were lots of pictures of their very beautiful classmates. But he didn’t pick them, he picked grandma. It was her dance card he choose to fill.

Their life and that visit to their nursing home earlier this year brought back images of one of my favorite ‘need-a-good-cry-movies’ “The Notebook” and the similar parallels in their relationships. They had their differences. Plenty of them. And hard times.... my grandmothers stroke was not easy on anybody. But he stayed, and took care of her, and cared for her day in and day out... styled her hair even. My grandmother has not been the same without him. A mess quite honestly. I can’t imagine being in her shoes. Loosing her memory ... bit by bit.... clearly not sure how to operate without her love of 60+ years.

The family leaves the retirement home after the much-needed time together...back to the day-in-and-day out. But some things will never be the same...

1 comments:

Michelle commented: oh liana, this is so touching...i have the movie "The Notebook" it's such a wonderful movie...I love that movie, it's one of my all time favorites right beside "Anne of Green Gables". November 12, 2007 at 1:03 PM
 

Lianas Bananas - Archive

Be Social with Liana's Bananas!

Blog template customizaton by Mike @ www.oppositeoffear.com