Hi, my name is Liana Lehman. Thanks for visiting my personal photo news blog that we fondly refer to as 'liana's bananas' thanks to my childhood nickname and tendency to post about crazy, fun happenings.

I'm extremely blessed to be doing what God has called me to do - helping others achieve the impossible and experience the beauty about them always!

I hope to share my adventures through this blog -- including my more recent 101 in 1001 challenge!

liana_lehman

This is a place for me to post all the latest happenings in my world - whether it be recent images from destination weddings and lifestyle portrait shoots, something silly that's going on, and even some personal stuff.

If you're an entrepreneur or professional photographer, the BananasEDU blog is full of biz topics. Check out the links above and below for access to all our sites.

It puts a smile on my face to hear your thoughts so comment away and leave your links!

WeddingPhotographyLifestylePortraitsArt4SalelianaTV
photographer

Sunday, September 23, 2007

100 k in 30 days

I'm a HUGE advocate of creating BHAGs - Big Hairy Audacious Goals. Goals that are beyond your comfort zone, not easy to run your hands through, unrestrained, and BOLD.

In early 2005 I realized that the transition from Film to Digital was having it's effects on my waistline... instead of running around in the darkroom and to and from the lab, I was spending most of my time in front of a computer. Having grown up dancing, I hated the idea of joining a gym or doing anything that resembled a workout. Some friends of mine were planning to start running. Hmmmm.... so I figured that would be a great way to stay in shape.

I made a goal... a BHAG. Not only would I start running, but I'd do something VERY bold for me... I'd never run more than a few miles in a row before and didn't like it much at all. So I signed up for the largest 10k in the world... the Peachtree Road Race...to be held on one of the hottest days... the 4th of July. My goal was to finish in a certain amount of time, uninjured, after having trained from March through the July. I had a small group of friends training as well. Needless to say, I probably wouldn't be writing about this experience if I hadn't met my goal. Sure I felt like jelly for a few days after, but it was one of the best experiences and great training.

The Road Race & Me before the 2005 Race
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Two years later, I'm back where I started ... the travel and work having taken it's toll on my body... it's time for a new Running BHAG!!!

Starting October 1, 2007 we'll be starting a new challenge: 100 k in 30 days!

Technology has come a long way in the past few years, so we'll be using the Nike + iPod system to track the challenge. You'll need the Nike + iPod sensor that has a hook-up that works with any iPod Nano and the other part of the sensor goes in any Nike+ shoes.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Everything syncs up and can be tracked online. We'll have an official challenge link here soon - if you're up for the challenge leave a note below and we'll keep you posted ;)

Also... and ideas on terms and prizes?? We have a full week to figure it all out. Mike says all losers (aka anyone who doesn't complete the 100k in 30 days) has to dress up like something ridiculous for Halloween and take a pic of them wearing it out in public. LOL. Thoughts??

8 comments:

Michelle commented: mmm, i think i might be up for the challenge liana...I have an iPod but not nikes, which i do need a new pair of workout sneaks...those sneakers look pretty cool! Can i use my current iPod to track progress? September 24, 2007 at 3:45 PM
Liana commented: Yeah! I'm so excited there are so many that want to do this (here and lots of others I've heard from) :) You can use any NANO iPod - it has to be a Nano and it should work... the site should say exactly. Some people are even going to tie the sensor into their non-Nike shoes :) September 24, 2007 at 10:22 PM
Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer commented: Oooh I'd love to join the challenge. Send me the challenge link when you get it going. scarlett@scarlettlillian.com September 25, 2007 at 12:42 AM
Rodolfo Arpia commented: Keep me posted!
rarpia at yahoo dot com
Thanks
September 25, 2007 at 2:07 AM
F.E. Castleberry commented: Count me in! BTW, many of us are also doing a 30 days race to see who can run the farthest...you should join...race starts at Midnight! This should help me win when I complete the 100K :) September 26, 2007 at 11:36 PM
Jill Higgins commented: I would love to do it! September 27, 2007 at 1:10 PM
Amy Martin commented: Forgot to respond to this... count me in! September 27, 2007 at 2:51 PM
Elizabeth commented: I'm up for it! I have all the gear and I am ready to go go go!

I'm linked to the Nike site by the name erunner

My address is ebethharper@mac.com
September 28, 2007 at 12:14 AM
 

Lianas Bananas - Archive

Be Social with Liana's Bananas!

Blog template customizaton by Mike @ www.oppositeoffear.com