Hi, my name is Liana Lehman. Thanks for visiting my personal photo news blog that we fondly refer to as 'liana's bananas' thanks to my childhood nickname and tendency to post about crazy, fun happenings.

I'm extremely blessed to be doing what God has called me to do - helping others achieve the impossible and experience the beauty about them always!

I hope to share my adventures through this blog -- including my more recent 101 in 1001 challenge!

liana_lehman

This is a place for me to post all the latest happenings in my world - whether it be recent images from destination weddings and lifestyle portrait shoots, something silly that's going on, and even some personal stuff.

If you're an entrepreneur or professional photographer, the BananasEDU blog is full of biz topics. Check out the links above and below for access to all our sites.

It puts a smile on my face to hear your thoughts so comment away and leave your links!

WeddingPhotographyLifestylePortraitsArt4SalelianaTV
photographer

Monday, October 29, 2007

100k in 29 days - check!

Look - I did it!! Yeaaaaahhhhhh! And ooooooooouuuuch!

liana PHOTOGRAPHY


A few things I came to learn from this little experiment/competition/race... whatever you want to call it....

1. Get out and run even if it's raining out - it's quite refreshing
2. Give yourself enough time for your shoes to dry in-between runs though... running in wet shoes hurts
3. Go on a long path - running in circles through my neighborhood got old REAL fast!
4. Stretch (before and after)
5. Getting started again with a personal trainer at the gym in the middle of doing 100k in 30 days may not be the wisest of choices. Let's just say I was in agony last week and didn't get much distance in.
6. Set the rules ahead of time and stick to them. Everyone wants an exception like "oh, I ran, but didn't track it with my NikePlus.. it should still count" or "somehow the system didn't track my gym run the other day." (None of mine from last week went towards this..)
7. Consistency is key. That I was not ...thanks to freak computer crash, longer than usual meetings and jobs, and other various complications.. rain last week was great but didn't make for good 100k weather. Perhaps our next competition should be a consistency challenge....
8. Last but not least, I learned I STILL do not really enjoy running/walking/jogging. It was much more pleasurable with something to work towards though... and lots of good music and podcasts to entertain me. Maybe I should take up dancing again...

Well, at least I won't have to wear a silly costume and post it here like the many who (might not) finish the 100k will... ;P

Okay... off to soak the footsies!!

2 comments:

c r y s t a l commented: Congratulations! Good for you, girl!! So awesome! October 30, 2007 at 12:20 AM
Mike commented: Congrats! I'm very proud of you for setting what, at first, seemed to be an outrageous goal for such a busy young lady and completing it! Thanks for kicking my bottom too! ;-) October 30, 2007 at 10:37 AM
 

Lianas Bananas - Archive

Be Social with Liana's Bananas!

Blog template customizaton by Mike @ www.oppositeoffear.com