Hi, my name is Liana Lehman. Thanks for visiting my personal photo news blog that we fondly refer to as 'liana's bananas' thanks to my childhood nickname and tendency to post about crazy, fun happenings.

I'm extremely blessed to be doing what God has called me to do - helping others achieve the impossible and experience the beauty about them always!

I hope to share my adventures through this blog -- including my more recent 101 in 1001 challenge!

liana_lehman

This is a place for me to post all the latest happenings in my world - whether it be recent images from destination weddings and lifestyle portrait shoots, something silly that's going on, and even some personal stuff.

If you're an entrepreneur or professional photographer, the BananasEDU blog is full of biz topics. Check out the links above and below for access to all our sites.

It puts a smile on my face to hear your thoughts so comment away and leave your links!

WeddingPhotographyLifestylePortraitsArt4SalelianaTV
photographer

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Honduras Boy and Jungle Highs

The water was only a few degrees cooler than my preferred bath-water-temperature... but the sun was blazing by two in the afternoon so it was perfect, and clear.

A little boy ran down the small hill of sand into the ocean with a ball as his floaty... waving off his mother and aunt who sat in the shade of a tree a few hundred yards away.

I was still getting over the high of swinging from the trees of the jungle canopy... attached by some wires, hooks, and ropes.... watching my life flash before me while simultaneously trying to enjoy the beauty that came with whizzing through the air at such heights. Trees made way to small views of the ocean below... then across lakes and bridges and people playing in the sand.... at one point my safety could not be attached because it would stop me from accelerating. I had to go without, knowing if the wire broke, that was it.

I look back, a month later almost, Honduras was by far my favorite of the destinations of the trip (yes, it even beat out Belize!) Maybe it was the pictures I took in my head going across the jungle canopy, hundreds of feet in the air... or perhaps the memory of the Honduras Boy that sat peacefully in the ocean, reminding me to slow down a bit...


Photobucket

2 comments:

Michelle commented: Girl this is beautiful!!! i hope to see more. February 4, 2008 at 8:24 AM
Eddie Bojorquez (Studio 512) commented: Very cool image. I'm gonna go slow down for a bit now! : )
-E
February 4, 2008 at 8:50 PM
 

Lianas Bananas - Archive

Be Social with Liana's Bananas!

Blog template customizaton by Mike @ www.oppositeoffear.com