Hi, my name is Liana Lehman. Thanks for visiting my personal photo news blog that we fondly refer to as 'liana's bananas' thanks to my childhood nickname and tendency to post about crazy, fun happenings.

I'm extremely blessed to be doing what God has called me to do - helping others achieve the impossible and experience the beauty about them always!

I hope to share my adventures through this blog -- including my more recent 101 in 1001 challenge!

liana_lehman

This is a place for me to post all the latest happenings in my world - whether it be recent images from destination weddings and lifestyle portrait shoots, something silly that's going on, and even some personal stuff.

If you're an entrepreneur or professional photographer, the BananasEDU blog is full of biz topics. Check out the links above and below for access to all our sites.

It puts a smile on my face to hear your thoughts so comment away and leave your links!

WeddingPhotographyLifestylePortraitsArt4SalelianaTV
photographer

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Redeeming Love

Yet another AMAZING book for the book list!

I usually post recommended reads on the BIZ BLOG, but this one is one of the first FICTION books I've read in a while... and WOW, WOW, WOW!!!

I was in Spain when I finished it and just about everyone there with me had read it too (both guys and gals) and they too agreed it's one of the best. Now I'm burning the midnight oil with the first part of a trilogy by the same author :)

WARNING: Make sure you have kleenex and an ounce of time. Once you get past the first few chapters, it's nearly impossible to put down, and if you're anything like me you'll likely cry your eyes out on and off again throughout. Or perhaps that's because I read it while I was on no sleep, traveling, and exhausted ;)

Photobucket

Description: California’s gold country, 1850. A time when men sold their souls for a bag of gold and women sold their bodies for a place to sleep.

Angel expects nothing from men but betrayal. Sold into prostitution as a child, she survives by keeping her hatred alive. And what she hates most are the men who use her, leaving her empty and dead inside.

Then she meets Michael Hosea.

A man who seeks his Father’s heart in everything, Michael Hosea obeys God’s call to marry Angel and to love her unconditionally. Slowly, day by day, he defies Angel’s every bitter expectation until, despite her resistance her frozen heart begins to thaw. But with her unexpected softening come overwhelming feelings of unworthiness and fear. And so Angel runs. Back to the darkness, away from her husband’s pursuing love, terrified of the truth she can no longer deny: Her final healing must come from the One who loves her even more than Michael Hosea does…the One who will never let her go.

A powerful retelling of the book of Hosea, Redeeming Love is a life-changing story of God’s unconditional, redemptive, all-consuming love.


11 comments:

Scott Piner commented: One of my wife's favs. Have you read her 'Mark of the Lion' series yet? April 10, 2008 at 12:51 PM
Sarah Barlow commented: OK....I OFFICIALLY have to read this book!! Ahh! I can't wait! :) April 10, 2008 at 1:05 PM
Liana commented: Awesome Scott!! That's what I'm reading right now... I'm almost finished with the first book -- sooooo good!!


Yes Sarah you DO!!!
April 10, 2008 at 1:58 PM
Julie commented: I loved this book!!! I don't cry easily, but this one did it. I was first exposed to Francine Rivers with the Mark of the Lion trilogy, which it sounds as if you are about to read. You will love it!!! The first book starts a little bloody, but hang in there it really sets the stage for the series.

It is my hope to be in one of your Biz Bootcamp workshops soon. I look forward to meeting you.
April 11, 2008 at 2:12 PM
Sarah Barlow commented: Ok...totally just finished it in a day and a half!!! HA!! I realllly couldn't put it down! This is THE most amazing novel ever!! OMG! April 12, 2008 at 9:18 PM
Amy DeYoung commented: Yes, this book is definitely a "cannot put down until I am finished!" book. I read it 2 years ago and remember finishing it in two days. April 14, 2008 at 3:29 PM
Shannon commented: I could not agree more. It is one of the most amazing reads ever. I'm into my 3rd time reading it!!!! April 16, 2008 at 1:49 AM
Renee Crosby commented: This is one of my absolute favorite books! I was just telling someone about it today. Read it years ago and now have a copy I loan out just to be able to share it with others. But beware... its impossible to put down the Mark of the Lion series. I read all three in two weeks and staying up late every night didn't help my job performance at all! April 16, 2008 at 11:19 PM
Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer commented: I agree, amazing book and I've never cried so hard reading a book in my life either! April 23, 2008 at 2:33 PM
Melissa Pearce commented: Man- Francine Rivers is seriously amazing. Now that you're into the trilogy, you'll be searching every book store/library for every other book she's written. My favorites were the Mark of the Lion series for sure. The first fiction works that actually made me want to change the way I live. I cried, I laughed. I felt like I was watching a movie. Have a great time reading them. April 24, 2008 at 10:54 AM
Unknown commented: I LOVE the book "Atonement Child"...you should check it out. May 6, 2008 at 8:59 PM
 

Lianas Bananas - Archive

Be Social with Liana's Bananas!

Blog template customizaton by Mike @ www.oppositeoffear.com