Hi, my name is Liana Lehman. Thanks for visiting my personal photo news blog that we fondly refer to as 'liana's bananas' thanks to my childhood nickname and tendency to post about crazy, fun happenings.

I'm extremely blessed to be doing what God has called me to do - helping others achieve the impossible and experience the beauty about them always!

I hope to share my adventures through this blog -- including my more recent 101 in 1001 challenge!

liana_lehman

This is a place for me to post all the latest happenings in my world - whether it be recent images from destination weddings and lifestyle portrait shoots, something silly that's going on, and even some personal stuff.

If you're an entrepreneur or professional photographer, the BananasEDU blog is full of biz topics. Check out the links above and below for access to all our sites.

It puts a smile on my face to hear your thoughts so comment away and leave your links!

WeddingPhotographyLifestylePortraitsArt4SalelianaTV
photographer

Saturday, May 3, 2008

From the Kingdom of Bahrain

A little note from the post office sat amongst the piles and stacks of papers I still had to go through. The pile was spilling over now because I'd been gone out of the country and it held a weeks worth of bills, invitations, notices, checks, and lots and lots of credit card offers and solicitations to buy my next car at this dealership versus the other.

With my mom's help, the pile was purged of the junk and everything sorted. The little note from the post office announced that they had a package for me and I'd have to go looking for my main-branch to retrieve it. I wondered if they'd tried and delivered it later, but couldn't think of what it would be. So I went... and the lady was unsure if they still had it after a month... but there it was... from the Kingdom of Bahrain.... all the way here from the Middle East.

To my delight, it was from Dana who'd last year visited here to attend one of my BBC classes. She and Amber and I had some fun on the last day goofing around right before they left for the airport. Dana put on her latest tunes on her laptop and Amber and I followed the bellydance moves ... swaying and shaking and shimming as she directed.

What was hidden within the round box was an absolutely perfect, beautiful, delicate piece of fabric and emblems that made up a bellydance shawl in my favorite color. Of course it makes a fabulous song when you shimmy with it on. Perhaps it is time for me to start visiting the Bellydance classes at Dance 101 when I go....


Photobucket

Thank you Dana for the most beautiful gift! It was such a fun surprise... and especially amazing that it's sent from so far away!! I'm sure it will bring me much amusement and fun :)

1 comments:

Emily DeWan Photography commented: How fun! I tried bellydancing for a bit and it was a great workout. May 4, 2008 at 7:08 PM
 

Lianas Bananas - Archive

Be Social with Liana's Bananas!

Blog template customizaton by Mike @ www.oppositeoffear.com