Hi, my name is Liana Lehman. Thanks for visiting my personal photo news blog that we fondly refer to as 'liana's bananas' thanks to my childhood nickname and tendency to post about crazy, fun happenings.

I'm extremely blessed to be doing what God has called me to do - helping others achieve the impossible and experience the beauty about them always!

I hope to share my adventures through this blog -- including my more recent 101 in 1001 challenge!

liana_lehman

This is a place for me to post all the latest happenings in my world - whether it be recent images from destination weddings and lifestyle portrait shoots, something silly that's going on, and even some personal stuff.

If you're an entrepreneur or professional photographer, the BananasEDU blog is full of biz topics. Check out the links above and below for access to all our sites.

It puts a smile on my face to hear your thoughts so comment away and leave your links!

WeddingPhotographyLifestylePortraitsArt4SalelianaTV
photographer

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Four Weddings and A Funeral

It's a sad day today.

Two weeks ago Mike and I made the trip to Florida with his family to attend his Grandmother's funeral. They put together a wonderful tribute to her and while it was a sad time, everyone was sure of her being ready and in a better place now. For me and his brother's fiance, it was the first time for us to meet relatives on his dad's side.

This morning we received the sad and surprising news that his Grandfather passed away (on his mom's side). Within two weeks time both of Mike's two remaining grandparents passed. I know how much he wanted to go up and visit after our visit to FL so this came as hard news. To be completely honest I'm at a loss for words here.

With that, I'll share some overdue photos that I took two weeks ago at his Grandmother's funeral in FL. The first time I took photos at a funeral (I was requested to by family) I felt really awkward and that it was inappropriate. What I realized after though is how much the family REALLY cherished those images and how healing it is to have the photographs to look back on.


Mike was a pallbearer with a lot of his cousins
Photobucket

Outside the church
Photobucket

At the burial
Photobucket


Four weddings and a funeral does not stop here this year. While it's with great sadness we may be attending another funeral, it's with Joy we look forward to two more unions this year (both his friends and mine getting married in the next two months!)

2 comments:

Anonymous commented: I can't even imagine how you felt when you were asked to photograph the funeral. I don't know if I would have had the courage to do it. I'm glad you did and were able to give your family something to hold on to. That's our jobs as photographers. Great job. October 1, 2008 at 8:25 AM
Unknown commented: funerals aren't easy to shoot, but they're such an element of closure.

i salute you for being able to edit the pix. i shot my g-mas funeral 3+ years ago and have yet to have the strength to edit through them.
October 4, 2008 at 7:33 AM
 

Lianas Bananas - Archive

Be Social with Liana's Bananas!

Blog template customizaton by Mike @ www.oppositeoffear.com