Hi, my name is Liana Lehman. Thanks for visiting my personal photo news blog that we fondly refer to as 'liana's bananas' thanks to my childhood nickname and tendency to post about crazy, fun happenings.

I'm extremely blessed to be doing what God has called me to do - helping others achieve the impossible and experience the beauty about them always!

I hope to share my adventures through this blog -- including my more recent 101 in 1001 challenge!

liana_lehman

This is a place for me to post all the latest happenings in my world - whether it be recent images from destination weddings and lifestyle portrait shoots, something silly that's going on, and even some personal stuff.

If you're an entrepreneur or professional photographer, the BananasEDU blog is full of biz topics. Check out the links above and below for access to all our sites.

It puts a smile on my face to hear your thoughts so comment away and leave your links!

WeddingPhotographyLifestylePortraitsArt4SalelianaTV
photographer

Friday, October 31, 2008

156 Days till we are MARRIED!!

Friend: "So how is the wedding planning going?"
Me: "It's not."
Friend: "Oh?"
Me: "Yeah, I kind of gave up on that. Plus, I've been busy traveling for work and stuff."
Friend: "So are you still getting married in April?"
Me: "Yeah, we are. Same place. Just not sure on the details or plans really. I emailed the caterer and I think our job is too small now. We'll probably be doing a DIY pot luck instead. LOL."
Friend: "Just put a menu together and we'll take care of it."
Me: "Awesome!"

Photobucket

So I'm 156 days from saying farewell to my "L-squared" status (yes, I'm proudly taking his name) and according to our Wedding Wire list, I have 91 tasks to complete before our wedding is "planned"! HA.

Since our plans changed earlier this month, I've been doing a lot of "Plan F" (Not do anything and wait and see what happens,) a little research, lots of praying about it, and a bit of hustle-bustle with some additional saving thrown in.

Friends, family, acquaintances, and even complete strangers from far, far away have reached out and offered their generosity, services, advice, and prayers. For that we are humbled and grateful and thankful.

One of my bridesmaids, and the gal responsible for me and Mike being in the same place at the same time to begin with... commented to me "Let's just make the food ourselves and make it casual... it will be SOOO much more fun that way. You don't need to stress about spending thousands of dollars to feed us. Let's just go out there and have fun!" Our conversation that followed really helped put everything into a new light. I never wanted the "traditional" wedding from the get-go, so maybe this is God's way of making it into something just right for us, something completely unexpected.

Gary Fong and I were chatting about the plans (or non-plans) on Facebook a week or two ago and gave me his best advice for planning... which I think is the best approach to adopt: "Just make it super laid-back and set expectations low... you're bound to have a blast no matter what then."

So that's how plans are going right now. They're not really. Every day for the next 156 days (and beyond) is going to be waking up and asking "God, what do you want for this day?" and maybe the occasional "should I be making wedding plans yet, setting that budget, making the menu, or picking a photographer?"

2 comments:

Eddie Bojorquez (Studio 512) commented: : ) October 31, 2008 at 4:13 AM
jamiedelaine commented: :) I know it'll be SUCH a God-blessed event regardless of what people wear, what people eat and where it's held! But the pot-luck sounds like an amazing idea. I just can't wait for you and Mike to have your amazing day in April--so excited. Remember my 2nd shooting offer!! Hah! :) October 31, 2008 at 10:51 AM
 

Lianas Bananas - Archive

Be Social with Liana's Bananas!

Blog template customizaton by Mike @ www.oppositeoffear.com