Hi, my name is Liana Lehman. Thanks for visiting my personal photo news blog that we fondly refer to as 'liana's bananas' thanks to my childhood nickname and tendency to post about crazy, fun happenings.

I'm extremely blessed to be doing what God has called me to do - helping others achieve the impossible and experience the beauty about them always!

I hope to share my adventures through this blog -- including my more recent 101 in 1001 challenge!

liana_lehman

This is a place for me to post all the latest happenings in my world - whether it be recent images from destination weddings and lifestyle portrait shoots, something silly that's going on, and even some personal stuff.

If you're an entrepreneur or professional photographer, the BananasEDU blog is full of biz topics. Check out the links above and below for access to all our sites.

It puts a smile on my face to hear your thoughts so comment away and leave your links!

WeddingPhotographyLifestylePortraitsArt4SalelianaTV
photographer

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Introducting: Ugly Carrot Cakes!!

This is the business that is a LIFETIME in the making. It's about a secret family recipe that my mother and I have been tweaking over the years into absolute perfection. These are FINALLY available to others, as today marks our official "beta-launch." While we get this business up and running at full speed, we're opening our e-store doors for limited shipments for the next few months!!! Hurry and get yours on order for Thanksgiving!!

Photobucket

Once upon a time, a little girl helped her mom come up with the perfect carrot cake recipe. They baked their secret family recipe for every birthday and special occasion, and sometimes because the cravings were just THAT BAD. When the little girl grew to the bright young age of 14, she started baking them to be sold in a restaurant in a small town in northern Ohio. Now the girl is all grown up and she and her mom still bake these splendid cakes. For the first time in history these delicious but oh-so-ugly homemade globs of heaven-on-earth are available to the lucky folks across America who click their order-buttons first.

They are UGLY. They are homemade. The cream cheese frosting is full of REAL butter and REAL cream-cheese. Ingredients are natural and YES we hand-peel and wash each precious carrot that goes into your cake! Super-rich and super-moist is the name. Adding nuts, raisins, coconut, and other toppings to cover up the PURE goodness is NOT our game!

We believe that taste trumps appearance, and it's what's inside that counts! Therefore, each and every 7-inch cake is made with loving care, sliced in half so you have two layers, protected, and frozen for flavor-preservation. The cream-cheese icing comes separate and YOU get to "give it a makeover" or blob it on and keep it REAL ugly! Squeeze on the icing and serve up right away, or keep the cake and icing in your freezer for up to two months and save it for later!

Cakes are available mail-order only and you must ship overnight or second-day air to guarantee freshness, unless you live close to Atlanta and ground shipping will get it to you in two days or less via UPS! Therefore, we currently only ship cakes on Mondays and Tuesdays each week. Need it on a certain date? It's better for you to order it early and keep it frozen until you're ready for it! Sorry, we currently do not ship outside the USA lower 48.

Have a friend who is a carrot-cake feign, want to give the gift that is less ordinary, wow a group at a holiday party, or surprise a loved one with a birthday cake that trumps them all? Ugly Carrot Cakes to the rescue -- remember it's what's inside that counts!



www.UglyCakes.net


Photobucket

13 comments:

jamiedelaine commented: Yes yes yes yes yes!! Soooo excited; thanks for allowing me to be a part of the logo-choosing process. You chose my favourite. :) God bless you Liana in this new biz!! November 19, 2008 at 12:54 PM
test commented: Brilliant idea - and it tastes amazing too! November 19, 2008 at 1:33 PM
Andrea commented: I've been craving carrot cake since Ft. Worth! I'll deffinetly be making a purchase. Congrats on the new business! November 19, 2008 at 2:28 PM
Anonymous commented: Yum, Yum, Yummy! Looks great! I'm so glad you got them to fix that awesome logo! ;-) I can't wait to taste one! November 19, 2008 at 11:31 PM
Michelle commented: oh liana! this is wonderful girl. I love your whole marketing...you go girl!! November 20, 2008 at 8:49 AM
Unknown commented: um, I'm hungry now. :-) November 20, 2008 at 1:25 PM
Lydia commented: Liana, this is so fun! You're really an inspiration to entrepreneurs everywhere! I know it will take off quickly! November 20, 2008 at 3:23 PM
Mike commented: This comment has been removed by the author." "November 20, 2008 at 4:07 PM
Mike commented: I will support this new venture only if you assure me that not all of the carrot cakes you make will be shipped out the door! Don't forget that our mutual love for carrot cake is one of the many reasons I proposed... =) November 20, 2008 at 4:16 PM
Anonymous commented: yay!! congratulations! How fun! I'm so sorry I didn't get a chance to say goodbye! (and to taste that yummy looking cake!) Thank you for everything last week! We learned soooo much!
~Kim
November 20, 2008 at 9:00 PM
Manon commented: oh wow that is such a great idea. November 21, 2008 at 4:25 AM
Carl Reid attached@mac.com (416) 414-1414 commented: Too amazing...I'm a carrot cake fiend!!! It's my favourite cake ofcourse next to RUM cake but that's because of Jamaican heritage. I'm trying to think how I can utilize your amazing idea with the Camera Cruise incentive that I'm launching. Can you deliver to Canada as well?

Good luck on this new business venture.

Regards,
Carl
November 21, 2008 at 4:58 AM
Debi Tipton commented: I'm not a big carrot cake fan but cake this was fabulous! We had the pleasure of a taste/shipping test at the last Bootcamp and it was awesome. November 21, 2008 at 10:55 AM
 

Lianas Bananas - Archive

Be Social with Liana's Bananas!

Blog template customizaton by Mike @ www.oppositeoffear.com