Hi, my name is Liana Lehman. Thanks for visiting my personal photo news blog that we fondly refer to as 'liana's bananas' thanks to my childhood nickname and tendency to post about crazy, fun happenings.

I'm extremely blessed to be doing what God has called me to do - helping others achieve the impossible and experience the beauty about them always!

I hope to share my adventures through this blog -- including my more recent 101 in 1001 challenge!

liana_lehman

This is a place for me to post all the latest happenings in my world - whether it be recent images from destination weddings and lifestyle portrait shoots, something silly that's going on, and even some personal stuff.

If you're an entrepreneur or professional photographer, the BananasEDU blog is full of biz topics. Check out the links above and below for access to all our sites.

It puts a smile on my face to hear your thoughts so comment away and leave your links!

WeddingPhotographyLifestylePortraitsArt4SalelianaTV
photographer

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Operation: Wedding Dress

My friend Jen had what she referred to as "Operation: Green Dress" earlier this year. It was her way of quantifying and making a goal for toning up and slimming down and dropping those last few pesky pounds. In the end, it was a huge success and she felt great in her green bridesmaid dress.

Today after church, Kimberly and I headed over to a bridal boutique in Buckhead (which will remain nameless for Mike's benefit of having NO hints about the dress, as per his request). My dress should be arriving in January, however I needed to order my accessories so they'll also arrive in plenty of time. My dress fit better today than it did four months ago which is a great sign I'm headed in the right direction... BUT it's time to kick it up a notch.

Photobucket


Any ideas on tips and tricks for "Operation: Wedding Dress"??? So far I have:

1. Eat more protein and veggies, less sugar!! (my weakness!!)
2. Go to gym 3 days a week for weight training
3. 30 Minutes of cardio 4 days a week
4. Detox THIS week starting tomorrow!
5. Go to 15 dance classes in December 2008 at Dance 101 - fun!!

5 comments:

Anonymous commented: Eat bigger lunches and smaller dinners. That way you have more time to burn the calories before you go to sleep.

I agree with the less sugar thing, but I advise eating a "little something" everyday so that you don't go crazy and eat a whole tub of ice cream or something. You'd be surprised at how much sugar is in stuff: sodas are loaded, crackers, simple carbs, juices, etc. The little things add up.

I hear too that people tend to have a hard time shedding those last few pounds due to a lack of sleep. So Sleep! :)
November 30, 2008 at 9:12 PM
Unknown commented: Here's a few tips...#1 eat foods higher in fiber, fills you up faster. #2 go ahead and eat the meat, cheese, and a few carbs BUT.... fill up on LOTS of veggies first so you only eat some of the rest. #3 eat a bunch of smaller meals instead of 3 big meals #4 eat before you are starving, you will eat less
HMMMMM....maybe I should follow these tips :)
November 30, 2008 at 11:54 PM
Kae Rae commented: A surgeon I worked for encouraged patients, who could benefit from losing a few pounds before surgery, to put the "usual" portion on their plate, divide everything in half, and then consume only one half (of course). The idea is that you enjoy some of every food that you would normally eat (including dessert!) and not “deprive” yourself, which is why so many diets fail…… the ability to handle deprivation is not easy! December 1, 2008 at 12:46 AM
MattDJ commented: Are you ready for some weight loss?

1) Cut out your salt intake. Seriously. Like NO salt.

2) Drink LOTS of water (assuming you're taking #1 seriously)

3) Eat more smaller meals in a day (vice three normal ones)

4) speed walk for at least 40 minutes a day.

If you can only do two, the first two are most important. Take a look at the Michael Thurmon Extreme Body Makeover program. Pretty much guaranteed weight loss. :-)
December 1, 2008 at 1:05 AM
Catie Ronquillo commented: Oooh! I like your Operation: Wedding Dress idea! I need to get on that too. Thanks for the idea.

I will be walking at least 30 mins a day, gym x4 times week, water all the time! :)
December 1, 2008 at 2:09 AM
 

Lianas Bananas - Archive

Be Social with Liana's Bananas!

Blog template customizaton by Mike @ www.oppositeoffear.com