Hi, my name is Liana Lehman. Thanks for visiting my personal photo news blog that we fondly refer to as 'liana's bananas' thanks to my childhood nickname and tendency to post about crazy, fun happenings.

I'm extremely blessed to be doing what God has called me to do - helping others achieve the impossible and experience the beauty about them always!

I hope to share my adventures through this blog -- including my more recent 101 in 1001 challenge!

liana_lehman

This is a place for me to post all the latest happenings in my world - whether it be recent images from destination weddings and lifestyle portrait shoots, something silly that's going on, and even some personal stuff.

If you're an entrepreneur or professional photographer, the BananasEDU blog is full of biz topics. Check out the links above and below for access to all our sites.

It puts a smile on my face to hear your thoughts so comment away and leave your links!

WeddingPhotographyLifestylePortraitsArt4SalelianaTV
photographer

Sunday, December 21, 2008

why YOUR world is our studio

Your World Is Our Studio. I have so much more to say about this... it has to do with a business long overdue for it's launch, but for now I simply want to post these images.

This weekend was an awesome reminder of WHY I do what I do. I LOVE love LOVE capturing people in their natural environments. In fact, I dug my studio lights out of the basement, dusted off the spider-webs, and priced them out for ebay this week.

There's something about being invited into a family's home and life... and capturing them in their own environments. No bright lights or drives to the studio. No hassle or packing everything up and bringing it along. No pretense of pretending to be natural and happy on sterile white backdrops. Just opening the door and being yourself.

I was honored when the Steffe family invited to make the first portrait of their 5-month-old darling baby girl. Here are a few of my favorites.


Love this one!
Photobucket

I was promptly greeted with a "surprise" which needed to be changed! LOL
Photobucket

Mom and Dad are both in the medical field so they've done a great job converting their downstairs to take such great care of baby M.
Photobucket

How cute is this little hat?
Photobucket

More on the changing table
Photobucket

Look at those bright eyes!
Photobucket

Mother and daughter
Photobucket


Sleepy time!
Photobucket

While she slept soundly next to them, we snuck a few portraits of mom and dad together
Photobucket

I think she must have been having a sweet dream because we finally caught this little sweet smile while she was sleeping
Photobucket

The end
Photobucket

4 comments:

Lydia commented: These are so sweet! December 21, 2008 at 2:29 AM
Bita commented: These pictures are priceless and I'm sure they mean the world to the proud parents!

xox
December 21, 2008 at 11:37 PM
Unknown commented: I can only hope I look *so awesome* after having a baby! :-) December 23, 2008 at 9:37 AM
Unknown commented: Also .... 1) The link at the top of your blog doesn't go to the World Studio site. Well, it does, but it doesn't seem to work. But I found it by tweaking things a bit. Just FYI. 2) I thought you were working w/ Sara on World Studio? Confused. December 29, 2008 at 10:24 AM
 

Lianas Bananas - Archive

Be Social with Liana's Bananas!

Blog template customizaton by Mike @ www.oppositeoffear.com