Hi, my name is Liana Lehman. Thanks for visiting my personal photo news blog that we fondly refer to as 'liana's bananas' thanks to my childhood nickname and tendency to post about crazy, fun happenings.

I'm extremely blessed to be doing what God has called me to do - helping others achieve the impossible and experience the beauty about them always!

I hope to share my adventures through this blog -- including my more recent 101 in 1001 challenge!

liana_lehman

This is a place for me to post all the latest happenings in my world - whether it be recent images from destination weddings and lifestyle portrait shoots, something silly that's going on, and even some personal stuff.

If you're an entrepreneur or professional photographer, the BananasEDU blog is full of biz topics. Check out the links above and below for access to all our sites.

It puts a smile on my face to hear your thoughts so comment away and leave your links!

WeddingPhotographyLifestylePortraitsArt4SalelianaTV
photographer

Thursday, December 27, 2007

27 Dresses

Sara and I took a day off work a few months ago and went to see a movie... and saw the preview for 27 Dresses and just looked at each other and said "We've GOT to see this!"

I mean, what fun, juicy visual inspiration material for us as wedding photographers, right? Actually, it's a chick flick and we're chicks in the industry so we've been on the lookout for the release of this movie for a while now.

Tonight Kim and I cashed in those AMC-gift-certificates for a chick-flick delight (sneak preview already here in ATL!!)... and it was just that.

BOY do I WISH my clients had such eclectic dresses! (okay, so 90% of them were out of this world tacky but it was fun to watch so hey!)


Photobucket


Some fun factoids:

1. I've only been a bridesmaid ONCE!
2. I was a flower girl for my sisters God Parents when I was about 3 years old. I was REAL cute in a velvet-y deep wine dress with white trim.
3. Most of my friends ask me to photograph their wedding now instead of asking to BE in it. Hmmm... not sure how I feel about that....
4. Most brides don't realize it but we (the wedding photographer) is often with them even more than the groom or bridesmaids or anyone else. So WE are the ones that get to take care of helping out when things go amuck... unless of course they have a VERY excellent wedding planner (which I highly recommend!!)

Anyways... wonder if anyone has the 27-dresses beat??

8 comments:

Shyla commented: I did the same thing wen i saw the preview!! Um, seeing as I usually see movies by myself, my exclamation of "I have got to see that!" elicited odd stares. haha
anyway, it comes out on the 11th, if you are willing to wait a few extra days, we can see it when I get in! :)
December 27, 2007 at 11:58 PM
jamiedelaine commented: Oh man! I thought the same thing when I saw the preview. Movies like that are so much fun. I can't wait to see that. I'm same as you; only 1 bridesmaid dress in my closet. :) December 28, 2007 at 1:48 AM
MsB commented: I haven't seen the movie yet, but I can totally relate to your blog! At the last wedding that I was shooting, I ended up putting down my camera to tend to some guests that were lost and confused. I even relayed song requests to the deejay, and I made sure the Master of Ceremony had the right list to read. Man, luckily, I had a second shooter or else I would not have been able to shoot AND be the wedding planner! December 28, 2007 at 12:05 PM
Liana commented: Shy dear - it's already out here!! ;) But if ya want, I'll see it again with you!! December 28, 2007 at 12:44 PM
Liana commented: LOL MSB!! Classic! December 28, 2007 at 12:45 PM
sara d harper commented: Liana & Shyla, lets all go see it when you get her Shyla! Liana, I can't believe you went with out me. trader. haha December 28, 2007 at 3:58 PM
Susan Johnston Hamrick commented: After being in 17 weddings I really want to see this!!
www.PrincessBubble.com
December 28, 2007 at 8:09 PM
Mike commented: Yes, some of us are interested in seeing this one - must be an obsession of the trade... January 16, 2008 at 1:23 PM
 

Lianas Bananas - Archive

Be Social with Liana's Bananas!

Blog template customizaton by Mike @ www.oppositeoffear.com