Hi, my name is Liana Lehman. Thanks for visiting my personal photo news blog that we fondly refer to as 'liana's bananas' thanks to my childhood nickname and tendency to post about crazy, fun happenings.

I'm extremely blessed to be doing what God has called me to do - helping others achieve the impossible and experience the beauty about them always!

I hope to share my adventures through this blog -- including my more recent 101 in 1001 challenge!

liana_lehman

This is a place for me to post all the latest happenings in my world - whether it be recent images from destination weddings and lifestyle portrait shoots, something silly that's going on, and even some personal stuff.

If you're an entrepreneur or professional photographer, the BananasEDU blog is full of biz topics. Check out the links above and below for access to all our sites.

It puts a smile on my face to hear your thoughts so comment away and leave your links!

WeddingPhotographyLifestylePortraitsArt4SalelianaTV
photographer

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wedding Inspiration Board - Which One Is Ours??

While doing research a while back, I stumbled upon this innovative site called Polyvore that lets you incorporate images from the web (mostly apparel) into a sort of collage that links back to the original source.

There was this dress I REALLY liked and just had to have... so it was as simple as clicking on the image of the dress to figure out that it retails for $5,699 and no I wouldn't be getting it after all. Haha. Well, it's great for retailers because people go on there and design outfits (for free) and then suddenly that dress or those earrings are being bought up like hotcakes.

One of the things a good wedding planner will help you with is coming up with Wedding Inspiration Board(s). You can call them whatever you wish but basically it gives a visual representation of what your wedding may look/feel like. Where it is, what you wear, what the colors are, what details you will be including, etc. If you're not sure what type of wedding you want, it will help you decide when you see all the choices. We do something similar in my Photo Biz Boot Camp and Brand Camp DVD for our own businesses... the Brand Board.

Now on to the fun part... we've finally booked a location and set a date... but are waiting for written confirmation before announcing it. I made a handful of Wedding Inspiration Boards for some of our different options. There's even a joke-board in there (it should be pretty obvious!!) I had to create JUST for Mikey!!

If you already know where we're having the wedding, you cannot participate... but if you do not know, go ahead and vote in the comments section for which wedding you think we'll be having!!!



Sunny Blue Beachy Wedding in Destin, FL

Mike and I both lived in Florida (him growing up, me for college at FSU) and have spent time down in Destin together before.


Exclusive, Exotic Wedding in Greece

This time last summer we spent 1/2 a month in Greece (our friend Susan came too..to shoot a wedding)... what a better place to get married than the place we both claim as one of the most beautiful places in the world?



Red Hot and Lime Wedding in Baja Mexico

We also have been to Mexico together with my family this past January and one of our favorite dates is going out for cheap, yummy mexican food. It would be a big fiesta!



Vintage Glam Wedding in Beverly Hills

Neither of us have spent time together in Cali but Mike went to high school in the OC and I speak at conventions out there about once a year. We're big movie-lovers so it would be natural to get hitched where they're made!


Romantic, Casual Wedding in the Countryside

Neither of us spend a lot of time together out in the "country" either but our favorite place is my back deck where we are surrounded by nature. I grew up out "in the country" (well, behind corn-fields) in Ohio so it would be fun incorporating this into our wedding.

and last but NOT least...

Hello Kitty Pretty-Princess Wedding in Talladega

Mike LOVES race-cars and Liana LOVES kitty-cats so having a Hello-Kitty wedding at the racetrack would be puuuuurfect!!


Okay... now that you've seen them all... let's see who knows us best... VOTE for which one you believe is our REAL wedding below :)


Disclaimer: None of the wedding dresses pictured in these are actually the one I will be ordering (for Mikey's sake so he'll be surprised).

13 comments:

Mike commented: Hmmm... I know which one it better NOT be!!! July 30, 2008 at 11:41 AM
Liana commented: Hehehe... HELLO Kitty!!! Me-ow!! *sitting over here giggling every time I look at it!!* July 30, 2008 at 12:08 PM
Unknown commented: Greece?????

Oh, and are you SICK of people asking you "who's your wedding photographer" with a wink and a nudge yet??? ;-)
July 30, 2008 at 3:13 PM
Amy Martin commented: I'm going with Greece or Destin... sooo beautiful! :) July 30, 2008 at 3:54 PM
kaitlin commented: I vote Destin or Mexico! July 30, 2008 at 8:40 PM
Anonymous commented: I feel that the Hello Kitty/NASCAR yells out "WE HAVE CLASS" July 30, 2008 at 10:37 PM
Emily DeWan Photography commented: That pink wedding gown is my dream dress :) July 31, 2008 at 2:19 AM
Michelle commented: mmmm, i can't decide but i think it's either Greece, Destin, or Beverly Hills in that order...but where ever you guys go, it's going to be GORGEOUS!!! When will you tell us which one? July 31, 2008 at 8:48 AM
Unknown commented: To me Greece and the Countryside seems to be the most meaningful for the 2 of you. August 2, 2008 at 3:52 PM
Unknown commented: I say HELLO KITTY~ August 3, 2008 at 11:58 PM
Unknown commented: seriously. I know its not the real dress but I like the dress for GREECE and BH. :)
Regardless you will be one gorgeous bride
August 5, 2008 at 2:19 AM
Robin Dini Photography commented: i'm diggin florida and mexico. great summer spots! August 6, 2008 at 10:10 PM
Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer commented: Vintage Glam in Beverly Hills... all the way! :-) Love your engagement photo too! You guys are going to make pretty babies! August 14, 2008 at 3:13 AM
 

Lianas Bananas - Archive

Be Social with Liana's Bananas!

Blog template customizaton by Mike @ www.oppositeoffear.com