Hi, my name is Liana Lehman. Thanks for visiting my personal photo news blog that we fondly refer to as 'liana's bananas' thanks to my childhood nickname and tendency to post about crazy, fun happenings.

I'm extremely blessed to be doing what God has called me to do - helping others achieve the impossible and experience the beauty about them always!

I hope to share my adventures through this blog -- including my more recent 101 in 1001 challenge!

liana_lehman

This is a place for me to post all the latest happenings in my world - whether it be recent images from destination weddings and lifestyle portrait shoots, something silly that's going on, and even some personal stuff.

If you're an entrepreneur or professional photographer, the BananasEDU blog is full of biz topics. Check out the links above and below for access to all our sites.

It puts a smile on my face to hear your thoughts so comment away and leave your links!

WeddingPhotographyLifestylePortraitsArt4SalelianaTV
photographer

Friday, July 18, 2008

Where in the World should we get married ??

WOW this planning stuff is difficult!!

I have a WHOLE new respect for my clients and what they've had to go through with research, planning, setting budgets with family, all the pressure and stress this world puts on us to have this perfect wedding. Or wait, maybe that pressure is self-induced from me being spoiled as a wedding photographer and having been to some pretty darn amazing weddings all over the world.

So here's the dilemma: We cannot officially set the date until we figure out Where in the WORLD are we going to get married??

Mike and I both love to travel and neither of us (nor our families) are originally from Georgia so we've known for a while that we'd like to have a destination wedding. We would still consider a local one but we're about 95% sure now that it's going to be a destination hopefully in February, March, or April next year.

I already am aware of quite a few amazing, unique, fun locations that we are considering... but I KNOW there has to be soooo many more out there that we're not finding that fellow industry professionals and others know about.

So below I've quickly thrown out some of the ideas we're having and we'd SOOO LOVE to hear of any places you'd recommend!!



Some ideas:

A super small wedding with just family and a few close friends in a Castle in Italy!!
(unlikely because of the Euro but yes it's an option)
Photobucket


A big wedding in Atlanta
(also unlikely because neither of us want a huge wedding nor want to stay local really)
Photobucket


An intimate destination wedding in a Vineyard in Napa or Sonoma
Photobucket

On some posh estate in Southern California
Photobucket


At a Luxury Villa in Turks and Caicos, Cabo, or Puerta Vallerta

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

At a resort in the lush Dominican Republic
Photobucket

In a crazy, unique hacienda in Yucatan Mexico
Photobucket



Of course these are just a FEW of our ideas and you can see we're realistically looking at California, the Caribbean, and Mexico and will probably make it a vacation and celebration for family and close friends.... BUT haven't decided anything... and are looking for more ideas :) :)

Thank you in advance for any ideas/suggestions/recommendations. When we eventually figure this out and pick the date then it's on to something even MORE difficult... determining the photographer!! LOL

14 comments:

allan z. commented: i like the crazy Yucatan idea...or even Antigua Guatemala!!! :) July 18, 2008 at 10:33 AM
Amanda @ Click. The Good News commented: Congrats on the engagement! I had a destination wedding in Puerto vallarta in February and it was perfect. Great weather, reasonable airfare from both coasts for our guests. We were married atop a mountain at a holistic spa which afforded us a sand-free, private option with an amazing view.

GL there are so many fantastic, unique and spectacular places to choose from.
July 18, 2008 at 11:01 AM
c r y s t a l commented: WOW! Any of these would be amazing! I don't know how you will choose, girl! July 18, 2008 at 11:04 AM
Rachel commented: I think it should be somewhere neither of you have ever been, then it will be uniquely yours. Personally, I love the idea of Captiva Island in Florida and New Orleans - now that's a party! And the culture of the city is just so mixed... love that. July 18, 2008 at 11:15 AM
Jill Higgins commented: I love Victoria House in Belize for a wedding - intimate and elegant - yet casual. Canouan Island was great too.

Can't wait to see the images!
July 18, 2008 at 3:09 PM
Susan Stripling commented: it can be such a pain to put together a destination out of the country - beautiful but stressful. napa is AMAZING. check out the carneros inn - its an amazing place to stay (i've stayed there myself) and has gorgeous locations for weddings. it's just simple and beautiful. July 18, 2008 at 4:42 PM
Michelle commented: oh what about Bora Bora?!! July 18, 2008 at 6:27 PM
Jasmine commented: Come to Cali...silly!!! ;)
Or we can always go back to Cabo and stay in the Xtreme house!! ;D
July 18, 2008 at 7:59 PM
Gavin Seim commented: I didn't know you were getting married Lianna. I guess I should read your blog more often. Super Congrats.

I say Dominican resort, or one of the villas.

I'm sure you have plenty of offer, but if you need a photographer I'd be happy to help.

Gavin Seim
seimphotography.com
prophotoshow.net
July 19, 2008 at 8:15 PM
Katie Moos commented: Santa Barbara, CA It's wonderful here!! July 20, 2008 at 11:09 AM
joy bianchi brown commented: Congrats! I made a comment on the OSP forum under your post, but wanted to read the engagement story so came here too!! Jules has images from Carneros Inn in Napa on her site (www.julesbianchi.com) under "weddings" if you want to check out a recent (and unbelievably gorgeous) wedding there. I also wanted to suggest an amazing resort in Fiji... the Taveuni Island resort and spa (http://taveuniislandresort.com/index.html) ..... a good friend of mine and fellow photographer Frances Marron's in-laws own it! July 20, 2008 at 7:35 PM
SamTheMan commented: Hi Liana,

Again, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

Check this out - the answer to your question re: where to get married is actually an easy one to answer.

Simply ask yourself this question, "What would make you take off your shoes and wiggle your toes because it makes you feel that good?" That's it!

Choose a place that tickles your spirit and moves your heart. Keep us posted on your decision OK? Be blessed sis!
July 20, 2008 at 11:08 PM
Christopher commented: Normally when I leave a post, I talk about the photos, but on this one, I actually have an opinion. While I live in Atlanta now, I grew up in So. Cal. If I had to do it over agin, I would love to get married at the Huntington Library in Pasadena. They have fantastic gardens and wonderful views. With 120 acres and 15,000 different types of plants, how can you go wrong? July 21, 2008 at 8:24 AM
Unknown commented: I vote for somewhere tropical ... if you go with CA, you'll have a MILLION people there .... and no small wedding, thanks to the wedding photog community! :-) July 24, 2008 at 2:34 PM
 

Lianas Bananas - Archive

Be Social with Liana's Bananas!

Blog template customizaton by Mike @ www.oppositeoffear.com