Hi, my name is Liana Lehman. Thanks for visiting my personal photo news blog that we fondly refer to as 'liana's bananas' thanks to my childhood nickname and tendency to post about crazy, fun happenings.

I'm extremely blessed to be doing what God has called me to do - helping others achieve the impossible and experience the beauty about them always!

I hope to share my adventures through this blog -- including my more recent 101 in 1001 challenge!

liana_lehman

This is a place for me to post all the latest happenings in my world - whether it be recent images from destination weddings and lifestyle portrait shoots, something silly that's going on, and even some personal stuff.

If you're an entrepreneur or professional photographer, the BananasEDU blog is full of biz topics. Check out the links above and below for access to all our sites.

It puts a smile on my face to hear your thoughts so comment away and leave your links!

WeddingPhotographyLifestylePortraitsArt4SalelianaTV
photographer

Monday, October 27, 2008

Broken

Something about today reminded me of a blog entry I wrote Thanksgiving day, 2006. I had just returned back from Brazil, my whole world "broken" in so many ways, literally and figuratively. I wish that blog was still alive so I could go back and read it. I know there was something comforting there that I cannot seem to find in the brokenness of today...

I know God has something good in store through all the bad, but when you're knee-deep in one pitch of bad-news after another it's hard to see through the muck.

11 comments:

Emily DeWan Photography commented: So sorry to hear of your troubling times. My heart goes out to you. October 27, 2008 at 7:53 PM
c r y s t a l commented: Liana, I don't know what's going on, but I am praying for you, hun. Please know I am here if you need to talk. Love you.

xoxo
October 27, 2008 at 8:08 PM
Unknown commented: I can remember a little less than a year ago, having some serious days where I felt like things could just not get any worse. Then I would wake up another day (the same issues still existed)and feel totally renewed and able to carry on. Here's to many days of renewal ahead! Love ya!!! October 27, 2008 at 11:31 PM
Ashley commented: I know the feeling. It has been a very trying year for me as well for many reasons (biggest being my mom's diagnosis of brain cancer and her dr's insistence that nothing can be done for her, topped by my home being burglarized and having my mom's wedding and engagement rings stolen).

The big stuff seems to make the little stuff even harder to deal with... another hard drive crash, another flat tire... another hurdle to jump. For me it is sometimes it is very difficult to push past and remember what an optimistic person I've always been.

Sorry I babbled, just want you to know you're not alone in feeling broken ;) Hoping tomorrow is a brighter day.
October 27, 2008 at 11:33 PM
Unknown commented: {{{{(hugs)))) October 28, 2008 at 12:01 AM
Eddie Bojorquez (Studio 512) commented: You know what I would say here. God bless you as you draw close to Him for your strength.
-E
October 28, 2008 at 7:00 AM
Unknown commented: "I know God has something good in store through all the bad..."

Here is something to confirm your reason for hope and comfort...

Jeremiah 29: 11-13
“For I know the plans I have for you”, declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”

Thank you for your using your gifts and talents to help others.

Ray
October 28, 2008 at 1:34 PM
Liana commented: Thank you all sooooo much for the well-wishes, thoughts, and prayers! I'm sorry Ashley to hear about all you're going through too. October 28, 2008 at 2:20 PM
Anonymous commented: Um, I feel heart broken for you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

If there is anything that I can do for you please don't hesitate to call.
October 29, 2008 at 12:25 AM
Lydia commented: Liana, you're in my prayers. Last weekend I was having a really tough time. Something that encouraged me was a song they played at church. One part is:

Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Then another line goes:

My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be Your name

I was nearly in tears singing it. I don't know what you're going through, but I pray for God to lift you up in His hands. Blessed IS His name. I know He'll be there to comfort you!
November 2, 2008 at 8:54 PM
Liana commented: Thank you Lydia! I LOVE that song so this was a great reminder to see it here!! November 5, 2008 at 11:57 PM
 

Lianas Bananas - Archive

Be Social with Liana's Bananas!

Blog template customizaton by Mike @ www.oppositeoffear.com