Hi, my name is Liana Lehman. Thanks for visiting my personal photo news blog that we fondly refer to as 'liana's bananas' thanks to my childhood nickname and tendency to post about crazy, fun happenings.

I'm extremely blessed to be doing what God has called me to do - helping others achieve the impossible and experience the beauty about them always!

I hope to share my adventures through this blog -- including my more recent 101 in 1001 challenge!

liana_lehman

This is a place for me to post all the latest happenings in my world - whether it be recent images from destination weddings and lifestyle portrait shoots, something silly that's going on, and even some personal stuff.

If you're an entrepreneur or professional photographer, the BananasEDU blog is full of biz topics. Check out the links above and below for access to all our sites.

It puts a smile on my face to hear your thoughts so comment away and leave your links!

WeddingPhotographyLifestylePortraitsArt4SalelianaTV
photographer

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Letters to the Next President

A while back, our church put together a pretty cool site where people can write "Letters to the Next President"... not to any particular candidate but to the Next President, whoever it is.

There are letters in there that I think REALLY speak the truth about what we should look for in our leaders:

- a steward, a humble servant
- surrounds him/herself with wise, trustworthy people
- the good of those they serve is more important than their own gain
- they don't just talk the talk, they walk the walk and lead by EXAMPLE
- they do what is RIGHT, not what is "FAIR"
- public opinion does not alter their actions or words

Photobucket

When John McCain was serving our country in the Vietnam war, he was taken as a prisoner in Hanoi. He endured five years as a prisoner of war and dropped to around 100 lbs, yet stood firm that he should not receive early release over his fellow American prisoners. He stood firm in backing this country and his fellow servicemen.

While I do not agree with some of the things Senator McCain is campaigning for, or has voted for in the past (ie the 700 billion band-aid of a bail-out plan), I do believe his experience ... not just from this one example but his whole career in serving our country and standing up for what is the WISE thing (what is right by our Constitution) even if it's not popular... makes him the best candidate to lead our country.

The crazy thing is that our current struggles are replays of history. This isn't the first time a country has been too spend-happy and loan-happy and economic downturn and hard times followed.

The "Letters to the Next President" is not just a website but also a look into what HISTORY shows about a leader and situations leaders have had to deal with like our current one. Andy Stanley explores three specific examples in history in a three part series... I believe these standards of leadership still are applicable today. Here's the 2nd part of the series that goes into an economic example...




...and the other two from the series...


Part 1 about a King

Part 3 about a Pharaoh

2 comments:

Tracy Autem, President and Photographer commented: I love your posts, you really have inspired me and I am planning on posting a politically charged one myself next week on Monday. Mine will be very locally charged as local candidates have the most direct effect on our daily lives.

Stay strong, say what you believe and ignore the rants and raves. :)
October 30, 2008 at 12:11 AM
Scott Piner commented: I still have this message as a Podcast. Great stuff. October 30, 2008 at 10:27 AM
 

Lianas Bananas - Archive

Be Social with Liana's Bananas!

Blog template customizaton by Mike @ www.oppositeoffear.com