Hi, my name is Liana Lehman. Thanks for visiting my personal photo news blog that we fondly refer to as 'liana's bananas' thanks to my childhood nickname and tendency to post about crazy, fun happenings.

I'm extremely blessed to be doing what God has called me to do - helping others achieve the impossible and experience the beauty about them always!

I hope to share my adventures through this blog -- including my more recent 101 in 1001 challenge!

liana_lehman

This is a place for me to post all the latest happenings in my world - whether it be recent images from destination weddings and lifestyle portrait shoots, something silly that's going on, and even some personal stuff.

If you're an entrepreneur or professional photographer, the BananasEDU blog is full of biz topics. Check out the links above and below for access to all our sites.

It puts a smile on my face to hear your thoughts so comment away and leave your links!

WeddingPhotographyLifestylePortraitsArt4SalelianaTV
photographer

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Look! My mug is on Seth Godin's new book!

Last year I stumbled upon a book that REALLY caught my attention. You see, I graduated with a Marketing degree... and have been teaching other photographers for years about how things have changed in marketing. It wasn't until I found Seth Godin's book, Meatball Sundae, that I REALLY felt I had solid evidence of what I've been teaching... about how a lot of what I learned in business school and previously practiced has been turned upside down lately. Markets have changed and the freedom technology gives us the ability to reach millions in a much cheaper, efficient way.

Since I read that book, I've been following Seth's blog on a regular basis. So when Seth asked his readers to join a group of individuals who all lead others (in many different markets and roles), I joined in and pre-purchased his new book, Tribes. Last week I got my copy from Amazon and another copy sent by Seth's organization as a gift to give away and share with others - how cool!

After about a week of having the book, Sara and I flipped open the book jacket and found my mug staring back at us along with 1400+ individuals who are also likely part of Seth's audience and forum participants. Haha. My mug made it on the book - right next to the cool baby!!


Photobucket


I have to admit I wasn't as excited to plow through this one as I was for Meatball Sundae, but after reading it I can certainly say it's going on my list of recommended reads!

Photobucket


I read the entire book last night on my flight from Atlanta to Phoenix and it's pretty marked up with notes and page folds so I can revisit some particular points. I'll be posting a more detailed review in the next week on my business blog.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Unknown commented: I love seth godin and read his blog everyday. I really need to get some of his books...and then find more time in my day to actually read them LOL. October 20, 2008 at 7:31 AM
Lydia commented: Adding these to my "to read" list! Gonna have to pay a visit to my library. :-) October 21, 2008 at 11:31 PM
Anonymous commented: Ah, I know that pretty lady! That's awesome, congrats!

I'm having such a horribly great time in the DFW PBB! You know what I me!

Thank you for all the great information that you are sharing with us and for the VERY therapeutic process! Wow, let me get back to the homework.
October 23, 2008 at 11:40 PM
Anonymous commented: You know what I mean... I meant. eek. October 23, 2008 at 11:41 PM
 

Lianas Bananas - Archive

Be Social with Liana's Bananas!

Blog template customizaton by Mike @ www.oppositeoffear.com