Hi, my name is Liana Lehman. Thanks for visiting my personal photo news blog that we fondly refer to as 'liana's bananas' thanks to my childhood nickname and tendency to post about crazy, fun happenings.

I'm extremely blessed to be doing what God has called me to do - helping others achieve the impossible and experience the beauty about them always!

I hope to share my adventures through this blog -- including my more recent 101 in 1001 challenge!

liana_lehman

This is a place for me to post all the latest happenings in my world - whether it be recent images from destination weddings and lifestyle portrait shoots, something silly that's going on, and even some personal stuff.

If you're an entrepreneur or professional photographer, the BananasEDU blog is full of biz topics. Check out the links above and below for access to all our sites.

It puts a smile on my face to hear your thoughts so comment away and leave your links!

WeddingPhotographyLifestylePortraitsArt4SalelianaTV
photographer

Monday, November 24, 2008

Turkey Week!

I'm so excited it's Thanksgiving week!! Among many other things, this means Turkey, Turkey, Turkey!! Can you tell I'm just a little bit thrilled it's time for turkey dinner?? It MAY just be my all-time favorite meal. I may have to hit up Boston Market in the meantime I'm craving it so bad!

Must. Get. Work. Done.... so I can go pick up the ingredients I need for later this week. It's my first time hosting a family holiday at my house, ever!!

Photobucket

I think I'm going to be daring and try a new sweet potato recipe. Anyone have a good one??

8 comments:

Test commented: I have a family recipe...which I can't find now...I'll e-mail my mom and get it for you. I know it's always a family favorite!

I also have a good carrot dish and a yummy corn cassarole!

Heather
November 24, 2008 at 4:23 PM
Liana commented: Mmmm those ALL sound fantastic!! Thanks Heather!! November 24, 2008 at 4:44 PM
Test commented: Here's the sweet potatoe:
(my mom mailed it to me in like 10 minutes!)

2-3 C sweet potato
1/3 C evaporated milk
3/4 C sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 stick butter
Mix together and put in a 9" square pan.
Topping
1/2 stick melted butter
1 C brown sugar
1/2 C flour
1/2 C chopped pecans
350 degrees 30 to 35 minutes

Let me know if you want the rest
November 24, 2008 at 4:47 PM
Test commented: I mean the other two recipes..not the rest of the sweet potatoe recipe ;-) November 24, 2008 at 4:48 PM
Liana commented: OOOOhhh I can tell it's gonna be good from the amount of butter, sugar, and pecans alone!! LOL

Oh yes, I'd LOVE the others too!!

THANK YOU so much for sharing! I'll have to post up how it turns out.
November 24, 2008 at 5:05 PM
Test commented: Okay here are the other two:

Carrot Casserle

Cook together until carrots are done
4 cups cut up carrots
1/4 cup of chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery

Melt:
1/2 pound of Velveeta cheese
1/2 cup butter

Mix together and put in a two quart dish. Top with crushed Ritz cracker

Pour 1/4 cup melted butter over the crackers

This can be made the night before and heated in the microwave for about 10 minutes just before serving.

Most people...once they've tasted this, ask for the recipe. This is a staple at family Thanksgiving!

Okay...then the corn pudding

3 T of sugar
2 T flour
1/2 t salt
2 cans of corn
1/2 c of melted butter
1 3/4 C of scalded milk
4 eggs

Blend: flour, sugar, and salt. Add milk, butter and eggs. Blend well. Drain the corn and add to mix. Pour into a greased 2 quart casserole dish. Bake 325 (300 for glass) for about 45 minutes, after 25 minutes, take out of oven and stir, then finish baking.

Both of these are two of my favorites!

Enjoy!
November 24, 2008 at 5:37 PM
sara d harper commented: look in my room at the good housekeeping magazine, there is a recipe for cranberry sweet potatoes!!! I wanted to make them but I left the magazine there! November 24, 2008 at 5:54 PM
Liana commented: MMmm... we're going to have to have Thanksgiving 5 times over to try all these!! :)

Sara - I can post the recipe up here for ya if you want!
November 24, 2008 at 6:28 PM
 

Lianas Bananas - Archive

Be Social with Liana's Bananas!

Blog template customizaton by Mike @ www.oppositeoffear.com