Hi, my name is Liana Lehman. Thanks for visiting my personal photo news blog that we fondly refer to as 'liana's bananas' thanks to my childhood nickname and tendency to post about crazy, fun happenings.

I'm extremely blessed to be doing what God has called me to do - helping others achieve the impossible and experience the beauty about them always!

I hope to share my adventures through this blog -- including my more recent 101 in 1001 challenge!

liana_lehman

This is a place for me to post all the latest happenings in my world - whether it be recent images from destination weddings and lifestyle portrait shoots, something silly that's going on, and even some personal stuff.

If you're an entrepreneur or professional photographer, the BananasEDU blog is full of biz topics. Check out the links above and below for access to all our sites.

It puts a smile on my face to hear your thoughts so comment away and leave your links!

WeddingPhotographyLifestylePortraitsArt4SalelianaTV
photographer

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hotwire, Trust, Weddings, and Money

When you're planning a wedding, it's painful to look at the budget... because every little thing adds up. You budget, prioritize... but in the end you're still knocking yourself on the head over the fact that what you could have paid off your 2nd mortgage with what you're spending on a small wedding!

Priorities are clear. Marriage counseling, photography and videography are the frontrunners.

STILL every little detail is part of what is cherished, remembered, enjoyed. I want to stay in a gorgeous room for our first two nights as Mr. and Mrs. I don't care if it's big and fancy... I just want it to be to our taste.

So we booked the Viceroy Santa Monica. Simple, elegant, modern yet traditional all at once. Boutique. Beautiful. By the Beach.

Photobucket

Photobucket


This weekend after a particularly convicting talk about money, I canceled our reservation. We can afford it, but I know better. ALL the better uses for that $$! I wanted SOOO bad to justify the fact that it's our WEDDING NIGHT accommodations... but we'd already picked where we would splurge. I set out on a mission this week to find the perfect, affordable place to stay instead. Nothing was really what we wanted. Found an agent that gave us better rates at these places...


Mondrain is funky, modern, fun...

Photobucket




The London
is raved about, and you get a whole suite... still not quite right...

Photobucket


So I finally rolled the dice tonight and bid on an unknown hotel on Hotwire. When you book with Hotwire, it's like Priceline. The identity of the hotel is not revealed until AFTER you pay and commit. No changes or refunds.

I bid on a hotel near the beach - at 1/4 of the cost of what we'd originally planned to spend. It's funny how God works when you trust Him and try to make the wise choice. Not your choice, but the one He'd have us make. How He turns things around and makes it 10x better.

Guess which hotel we got??

Photobucket

The Viceroy!!!

***insert happy dance here***

9 comments:

Lydia commented: Sometimes God's gifts can be so amazing! I'm so happy for you! February 5, 2009 at 1:44 AM
serena grace commented: awww, yay....that is so awesome!! funny how God works, huh? love the viceroy! February 5, 2009 at 2:11 AM
Kacy commented: Oooh that place looks gorgeous! So awesome that it worked out! February 5, 2009 at 4:46 AM
jessicaclaire commented: fantastic!!! you will LOVE IT SO MUCH. I based my whole brand around it, that's how much I love it. February 5, 2009 at 12:06 PM
Mike commented: Happy Dance for sure!! Glad its working out! Hopefully you are not so tired after all the wedding festivities that a red roof inn would have sufficed LOL! Hope to see ya at PUG! February 5, 2009 at 2:01 PM
Mia commented: YAY!
I am so glad you got the hotel you wanted.
FYI-even though by the photo I didn't know it was the hotel you wanted until I hit the link and saw the photo from up top.
February 5, 2009 at 4:59 PM
Andrea commented: What a great story! Love it! February 5, 2009 at 6:58 PM
Unknown commented: SUPER DUPER! How cool is that? We've been Pricelining it, but we're recently looking at Hotwire for our travel stuff, too. February 6, 2009 at 10:29 AM
Anonymous commented: The Viceroy was on my must see list when I was in LA, alas I missed it this time but I will not miss it next time for sure! What a great place to spend your first night as a Married Couple! March 10, 2009 at 4:48 AM
 

Lianas Bananas - Archive

Be Social with Liana's Bananas!

Blog template customizaton by Mike @ www.oppositeoffear.com