Hi, my name is Liana Lehman. Thanks for visiting my personal photo news blog that we fondly refer to as 'liana's bananas' thanks to my childhood nickname and tendency to post about crazy, fun happenings.

I'm extremely blessed to be doing what God has called me to do - helping others achieve the impossible and experience the beauty about them always!

I hope to share my adventures through this blog -- including my more recent 101 in 1001 challenge!

liana_lehman

This is a place for me to post all the latest happenings in my world - whether it be recent images from destination weddings and lifestyle portrait shoots, something silly that's going on, and even some personal stuff.

If you're an entrepreneur or professional photographer, the BananasEDU blog is full of biz topics. Check out the links above and below for access to all our sites.

It puts a smile on my face to hear your thoughts so comment away and leave your links!

WeddingPhotographyLifestylePortraitsArt4SalelianaTV
photographer

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Wallpaper in Heaven

In a perfect world, our friends and family would ALL be there next weekend to celebrate with us as we get married. In a perfect world, our grandparents would all be alive and would be right there with everyone else.

Veils would arrive on time, work wouldn't pile up, and people wouldn't bail at the last minute. But this world is far from perfect... this is something we are aware of more and more each day. It's only in heaven that we can count on these things.

Yesterday morning I was talking to my mom and she mentions that Grandma Lehman was complaining about the wallpaper in her room at the new nursing home. She doesn't like the new place because of the wallpaper!

Last night we were told she was in really bad shape. She had told the nurses aid earlier that day "it's time for me to go." Her heart wasn't beating, just "vibrating" and she'd been put on oxygen and was unconscious for a while. During this time a women from Hospice stayed with her and said while she was out, she raised her hands to the ceiling. When she came to, they asked her what she was reaching for and she said "I could see light, I was trying to get to it." My father was already in Ohio for work, so he rushed over so he could see her first thing in the morning. We were told she would "pull through" by tomorrow or we should call family to say their good byes in the next few days. She didn't make it through the morning.



While it's a sad, sad time for our family, we know grandma is up there in heaven now smiling down. She's walking and dancing on her own and can hear and speak and write as well as she did when she was my age. She lived half her life burdened from the effects of a stroke when she was 50 but was SUCH a fighter and always wanted to be swimming and out and about even up until the last years. She's home with grandpa now and they're probably fishing and playing ball!

Goodbye grandma, we miss you both. But we know you're enjoying the wallpaper in heaven!

10 comments:

Anonymous commented: Liana...I'm so sorry, but rejoicing that she's with her Creator! March 25, 2009 at 1:57 PM
Erin Cady commented: I'm so horrible at checking blogs and keeping up but I am so glad I clicked your twitter link and read your post. I teared up a little as I read and thought of my own grandparents that I have lost and the thought of them together looking down. I am so sorry for your loss, but I hope that at your upcoming wedding you can take a second to feel the sun and know it's their warmth upon you during your special day. Big hugs sent your way.... March 25, 2009 at 2:08 PM
Dana commented: I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother! I will be praying for you and your family!! March 25, 2009 at 5:03 PM
Anonymous commented: Liana, so sorry to hear this. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. And you are right, she is enjoying all that heaven has to offer! God is good! March 26, 2009 at 1:20 AM
Michelle commented: i'm soooo sorry to hear about your lost liana. Death of any love one takes so much out of you, John 5:28,29 has given me comfort for close dear ones i have lost. But too it's comforting to know that it won't always be like this, and that helps me b/c i have something to look forward to... you're in my thoughts and prayers. March 26, 2009 at 8:42 AM
Unknown commented: BIG HUGS! Sending many well wishes and prayers your way!

HAVE AN AWESOME WEDDING!!!!!!!! :)
March 27, 2009 at 10:26 PM
Jules Bianchi commented: This comment has been removed by the author." "March 27, 2009 at 10:56 PM
Jules Bianchi commented: Oh Liana!

I'm really sorry to hear this. I hope that you have a wonderful time at your wedding, my thoughts are with you.

Jules.
March 27, 2009 at 10:57 PM
cindy commented: The entry of your Grandma's passing reminds me so much of my Grandmothers. She was in the care of hospice at her home. I came over after work and knew that her passing would happen very soon. I told her to go see Jesus as she took her last breath. It was so heart wrenching but I found peace knowing she was with Grandpa and in no more pain. My deepest sympathy for you and your family during this sad time. God Bless! March 28, 2009 at 12:09 AM
The Memory Journalists commented: My thoughts and prayers are with you. April 1, 2009 at 12:20 AM
 

Lianas Bananas - Archive

Be Social with Liana's Bananas!

Blog template customizaton by Mike @ www.oppositeoffear.com