Hi, my name is Liana Lehman. Thanks for visiting my personal photo news blog that we fondly refer to as 'liana's bananas' thanks to my childhood nickname and tendency to post about crazy, fun happenings.

I'm extremely blessed to be doing what God has called me to do - helping others achieve the impossible and experience the beauty about them always!

I hope to share my adventures through this blog -- including my more recent 101 in 1001 challenge!

liana_lehman

This is a place for me to post all the latest happenings in my world - whether it be recent images from destination weddings and lifestyle portrait shoots, something silly that's going on, and even some personal stuff.

If you're an entrepreneur or professional photographer, the BananasEDU blog is full of biz topics. Check out the links above and below for access to all our sites.

It puts a smile on my face to hear your thoughts so comment away and leave your links!

WeddingPhotographyLifestylePortraitsArt4SalelianaTV
photographer

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Wedding Vendor Reviews

As a professional photographer, I know how important it is to get feedback from clients so that we can continually improve. I know I'm never perfect, and we all make mistakes, but over all my goal as a photographer is to capture my client's day as THEY wish, and that the Bride, Groom and their families are treated like Queens and Kings!

When it came time for the tables to be turned, reading reviews and having referrals really helped in the planning process. Since our wedding was in LA, I didn't know the area as well and had to hire mostly people I'd never met until we were engaged. I looked for vendors that most of all would be a pleasure to work with that ALSO provided great products and services.

I'm happy to say that a majority of our vendors did (for our own destination wedding last month). I just spent some time reviewing our wedding vendors (with the exception of photo and video since those experiences aren't complete yet) and I'd like to share my reviews here too.

We used Wedding Wire for our database and seating charts and overall organization, and also wrote our reviews here.

I'm also going to hunt for some pictures to go along with this, so it's not so much text!



HAIR AND MAKEUP by Nicole DeAnne
www.nicoledeanne.com
5.0 out of 5.0



Nicole DeAnne was AMAZING! She did my hair and makeup for the big day and I wouldn't have had anyone else!

We had a destination wedding and only had one week in LA to plan the wedding and meet with vendors. The last day I was in town, I was speaking at a convention, and figured what better time to do my test? She came to my hotel bright and early and tried different styles until we landed on what was perfect. The makeup stayed on ALL day plus a red-eye flight home to Atlanta! My hair was all in place too so I knew it would last a whole wedding day.

The day of the wedding she was a calming force in the room of all chaos and I was finally at ease as I sat in the chair and let her do her magic. At the last minute I changed my mind about the hair style and asked if it was too late to change. She loved the idea and we tried it out - and it was even better than I imagined!

I'm a wedding photographer and I've worked with TONS of vendors and I can honestly say Nicole was top-notch and one of the best I've worked with! She's completely professional, sweet, and accommodating.


(Images by Sara D Harper)

















Edit: I can see now that this post would be ridiculously long if I tried to do them all at once, so I'm going to post them up individually, or a few at a time over the next few days...

5 comments:

Test commented: Someone...I think maybe your brother...tagged you in some wedding photo's on FB. WOW! I am even more excited photos! Simply amazing! You are a beautiful bride! May 16, 2009 at 1:39 PM
Liana commented: Uh oh.. knowing my brother, they could be embarrassing ones! LOL. Thanks so much Heather - you're too sweet! May 16, 2009 at 1:43 PM
sara d harper commented: This makes me want to post more from your wedding on my blog! Maybe I will pull these! haha. May 16, 2009 at 10:44 PM
Test commented: They were not embarrassing at all. I just love the Tiffany color of your wedding! May 18, 2009 at 12:43 PM
Nicole DeAnne commented: awww! Thank you Liana for the awesome post & shout out! I had such a great pleasure working with you too! You were a fabulous bride & and so beautiful too! I hope married life is a blast! Congratulations once again! May 26, 2009 at 3:53 PM
 

Lianas Bananas - Archive

Be Social with Liana's Bananas!

Blog template customizaton by Mike @ www.oppositeoffear.com