Hi, my name is Liana Lehman. Thanks for visiting my personal photo news blog that we fondly refer to as 'liana's bananas' thanks to my childhood nickname and tendency to post about crazy, fun happenings.

I'm extremely blessed to be doing what God has called me to do - helping others achieve the impossible and experience the beauty about them always!

I hope to share my adventures through this blog -- including my more recent 101 in 1001 challenge!

liana_lehman

This is a place for me to post all the latest happenings in my world - whether it be recent images from destination weddings and lifestyle portrait shoots, something silly that's going on, and even some personal stuff.

If you're an entrepreneur or professional photographer, the BananasEDU blog is full of biz topics. Check out the links above and below for access to all our sites.

It puts a smile on my face to hear your thoughts so comment away and leave your links!

WeddingPhotographyLifestylePortraitsArt4SalelianaTV
photographer

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Cupcakes for my Sweetie's Birthday

Friday was Mikey's 30-something Birthday and we celebrated his getting-older-day with LOTS of food, goofy gifts, and an evening out with a group of 20+ friends.

At about 3PM my Martha Stewart cupcake baking gene kicked in and I went on a cupcake-experimenting spree.



It was pretty funny walking into the restaurant with 100+ mini cupcakes in 5 different varieties. While signature ugly carrot cake is the standard favorite for birthdays, this went over pretty well. It's so easy to share mini-cupcakes and it was fun because we got to try a bunch of different kinds. We will need to be going on a diet after this weekend!


Here is what I managed to mix up:

Oreo Cupcakes had cookie crumbles in both the cake AND the Icing


White Chocolate cupcakes were one of my favorites. I melted Ghiradelli white chocolate to use in the frosting which surprisingly also had cream cheese in it to mellow out the sweetness.



The Key Lime Cupcakes I made on accident. I thought for sure Mikey loved Key Lime, but I was wrong! LOL. I don't particularly care for it either so I made some just-coconut and I actually enjoyed it. Fluffy and light. The meringue on top is made with egg whites and I had to make it twice because the first time I forgot to shake the egg-white carton and got mostly water. Opps!!


The next batch I call French Hazelnut Chocolate Cupcakes. They are injected with Nutella. MMMMMMmmmmm. I made a Ganache for the first time too and it was actually pretty easy. We had it in our wedding cake and now I'm addicted! Once the ganache cools a bit you simply dip the cupcakes in it - you don't need much because it's really rich!


Last but not least, Butterfinger Cupcakes! These were Mikey's favorite since it's his favorite candy and like the Oreo ones they have candy infused into the cake and icing. VERY sweet. Mmmm. We're out of these or I'd be eating one right now.


I used box mix as the base for ALL of these recipes so it was actually very easy and fun experimenting with adding in puddings, candies, and spices. Splitting the batter in half and using one mix for two different types also allowed me to make a variety without having 500 little mini cupcakes tempting us for weeks!

4 comments:

Catie Ronquillo commented: Wow! These look amazing! And I loooove me some cupcakes. :) Happy Birthday to Mike! June 22, 2009 at 12:00 PM
caspix commented: oh my! i am going to try those oreo ones first, then ALL of the others lol June 22, 2009 at 7:07 PM
Lydia commented: These look so yummy! I always want to do something like this, but have to stop myself because I'll eat them! June 22, 2009 at 9:29 PM
Emilie commented: OMG!! This made me hungry!!! Yummy!! :) July 5, 2009 at 11:20 AM
 

Lianas Bananas - Archive

Be Social with Liana's Bananas!

Blog template customizaton by Mike @ www.oppositeoffear.com