Hi, my name is Liana Lehman. Thanks for visiting my personal photo news blog that we fondly refer to as 'liana's bananas' thanks to my childhood nickname and tendency to post about crazy, fun happenings.

I'm extremely blessed to be doing what God has called me to do - helping others achieve the impossible and experience the beauty about them always!

I hope to share my adventures through this blog -- including my more recent 101 in 1001 challenge!

liana_lehman

This is a place for me to post all the latest happenings in my world - whether it be recent images from destination weddings and lifestyle portrait shoots, something silly that's going on, and even some personal stuff.

If you're an entrepreneur or professional photographer, the BananasEDU blog is full of biz topics. Check out the links above and below for access to all our sites.

It puts a smile on my face to hear your thoughts so comment away and leave your links!

WeddingPhotographyLifestylePortraitsArt4SalelianaTV
photographer

Friday, August 14, 2009

Meet Longinus Fernandes, Choreographer for Slumdog Millionaire

Last night I had the awesome experience of learning Bollywood dance from Award-Winning Choreographer Longinus Fernandes at Dance 101 here in Atlanta.

While I've studied or tried about every type of dance under the sun, I've concluded that Bollywood has to be one of the most FUN styles, and WOW it gives you a good workout!

We learned the same closing credits dance sequence from Slumdog Millionaire - featuring Academy Award Winner for Best Original Song, Jai Ho.



Here's a clip from one of the local news stations yesterday:


Of course, after learning most of the dance, my photographer-urge kicked in and I pulled out my camera for a few pics and videos. Aris, the founder of Fernandes' agency Xcel Talent, and Ofelia, the owner of Dance101, were awesome to get me right up front for some great shots.



Dancers of all ages and backgrounds came to learn from Longi








Afterwards he took the time to answer questions and snap some pics with the group.


Since my camera settings are not normal to the average user, I attempted a snapshot of us in the mirror - me all yucky from dancing and apparently making funny faces while trying to focus in a mirror. LOL


Last, here is a pic of the people that made this happen.

From left to right: Aris Golemi of Xcel Talent, Ofelia de La Valette founder and owner of Dance101, Longinus Fernandes Award Winning Choreographer, and Bubba Carr Artistic Director of Dance 101 and known for many things including work with So You Think You Can Dance and Fame the TV show.

Slumdog Millionaire Dance Routine taught by Award Winning Choreographer at Dance101 from Liana Hall on Vimeo.




2 comments:

Jamie Koluch commented: I'm SO jealous! But I loved the footage and the pictures! So AWESOME!! August 14, 2009 at 2:52 PM
Unknown commented: Hi Liana,
I was dancing at Longinus class too and I am glad you posted the video.
August 18, 2009 at 11:47 AM
 

Lianas Bananas - Archive

Be Social with Liana's Bananas!

Blog template customizaton by Mike @ www.oppositeoffear.com